Friday 30 December 2016

Almost Reaching My limits

"Come in."
His mother invited me in. He has returned from Bangalore yesterday but it was only this morning that he informed me that.

"I have a post-friendship day surprise for you. I'm sending you my current location." He had said over whatsapp.
I had already known that yet I had to act surprised. He had lied to a number of times before but I choose to ignore them. Things between us are already complicated beyond understand, I wouldn't want things to go worse. Whenever I pointed out about his lies, he always avoided answering them but accepted the fact that he had lied.

He had called me over his place, and despite all my anger and prior determination of not meeting him, I couldn't control the urge. This time, it hasn't been long- just a little longer than a month. But I had missed him, missed him like never before. Situations we both are in currently are disturbing me and the distance worsened it. It was unbearable and he wasn't either helping. I cannot blame him completely.He has a lot of pressure on him. A new city, new job, a completely new place and people, he is struggling just the same as I am here. I am struggling with the separation. I knew this would be hard, painful to stay away from him.

"O oi ghore ache. Jao." He's in that room. You can go. His mother said to me. Through the narrow corridor, the last room was his. Just as I entered he was sitting on his bed watching television. He saw me but didn't say anything, simply stared at me. His was shirtless, alright rest I would leave here, just know it was a bit difficult to concentrate. For once I thought I made a wrong decision to go there. 
As I stood at the door staring at him, he called out, "Ma. Ma." Then got up from the bed and went out. I entered to sit on the edge of his bed.
He returned a short while with his mother. His mother opened the cupboard to get a shirt out for him.
I laughed slightly. Momma's boy I thought.
"Why did you change the place?" He asked his mother.
His mother took a brown shirt out ,which happened to be my favourite among all his other shirts."It's up in the front. But you can't see that.Here take it." His mother said being a bit irritated. 
I understood his mother is a working lady, who happened to get a holiday that day. With a lot of household work, now this grown-up man asking his mother for a shirt that too in front of an outside woman aka that's me.

He put on his shirt and his mother left. He closed the door behind her. It seemed his mother never minded him closing door whenever I'm in.
He closed the distant,came in front of me and wrapped his arms around me. with me sitting at the edge, my face was pressed against his chest, He brushed his hand over my head another holding my back securely. I caught my breath after such a sudden gesture. I was here for one reason to talk with him about where this was going. Where we were going.

But having him after all this time, I couldn't fight him. I let myself sank into him and the comfort immediately circled me. Until then I was in a certain unrest which seemed to be only satisfied with his simple embrace.
God, I love this man beyond anything, anyone.

When the reality hit me, I struggled a little saying, " We have a lot to catch up with."
He let go of me with a small smirk on his face. He removed my glasses and started cleaning it with his shirt front, like always.  He sat beside me on the bed.

"You know you are the only one who does this..."
"Removing your specs?" he completed me.
"Yes. And I..."
"And you don't like it. I know." He returned it by helping me wear it.
"I only allow it to you. I don't know why." He smiled. Me, him, everyone knows the reason why. Let's not go there.

"Why do you do it?" I asked. He just rolled his lower lip as if to say he doesn't know either. But I could recognize a mockery in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment